Windows & Mac APPLICATION
- An installation window for DirectX9 popped up while SHIMANO Camera Editor was being installed.
DirectX9 is already installed on this PC, does it need to be installed again?
If DirectX9 is already installed on your PC, there is no need to install DirectX9 again. Click “No”, and cancel the installation.
- When the SHIMANO Camera Editor starts up, the editing window is displayed with the top cut off.
Depending on your PC’s operating system, after the app’s language setting is changed it may display briefly upon start-up, after which the program may be used normally.
- Video playback does not respond when I move the scroll bar in the preview area.
Briefly release the slider to switch screens.
- SHIMANO Camera Editor abruptly shuts down when I try to capture video.
Video taken using cameras other than CM-1000 cannot be read properly. Integrated and previously edited videos cannot be read either.
- I changed the image quality setting from “high” to “low” and imported the saved video as a new project,
but the imported video is not the same length as the original.
The times for previously edited imported videos may not display correctly in some cases.
- A window saying “SHIMANO Camera Editor has stopped working” or a “.NET Framework 3.5 installation screen”appears.
“.NET Framework 3.5” has not been installed or is disabled. Install and enable “.NET Framework 3.5”, then start up SHIMANO Camera Editor.
- SHIMANO Camera Editor takes time to start up.
SHIMANO Camera Editor may take some time to start up, depending on your PC’s performance and environment.
- Cannot create editing blocks.
Create editing blocks with time settings shorter than the empty spaces between the blocks.
- After turning the video’s fixed cutting time (0:0:1) ON, I cannot create editing blocks by holding the Down(▼) button and clicking on the recorded video area.
Set the time once again to 1 second, and you will be able to select.
- I changed the language setting in the sensor data (with .csv file) display, and now the top of the editing window is cut off.
Restart the app after going to options in the menu bar and turning the sensor data OFF.
- If my PC goes into sleep mode while I am in “add music” mode, when it returns from sleep mode and I click on “add music” again, SHIMANO Camera Editor abruptly shuts down.
Do not put your PC into sleep mode while using SHIMANO Camera Editor.
- Can a video be edited again after it has been converted?
A video cannot be edited after it has been converted. Open the project used in the editing process and edit that project.
- Can music that was downloaded, or saved to the PC from a CD, be used?
Only file types with the file extension "wav" can be used.
- Can videos (files) be combined?
No, they cannot be combined. Files combined with other software also cannot be read.
- Can multiple titles be inserted?
No, multiple titles cannot be inserted. Only one title can be inserted for each edited video.
- I want to set the beginning of the music.
That is not possible. Music is played from the beginning.
- The app cannot be started again after exiting by pressing the X (Close) button while reading an original video on a Mac.
As the video continues to be read in the background, the app cannot be started until the reading is complete.Wait for a while or force the app to shut down by pressing “Exit Application”.
- The section I want to edit cannot be selected.
① Selection is carried out at 1 second intervals so an intermediate range cannot be selected.
② If 10 cuts are selected (up to a maximum of 10 sections)
・Selection can be enabled by deleting cuts that have already been set.
③ If the section you want to select is the same or shorter than the time set in “Fix the length of video to be cut”
・Either shorten the setting time or adjust the time of the cut before and after the section that you want to select.
- The Music/Audio settings return the default value (100%).
The settings may return to the default value when the cut time of an edited block, in which the music has already been set, is changed.
- The screen becomes grainy when distortion correction is carried out.
During correction, the screen appears grainy as a part of it is cut and magnified.
- The surrounding images are not captured when distortion correction is carried out.
The specifications are set that way for correction purposes.
- How long does it take to convert a video?
- The app may sometimes shut down abruptly.
The app may be forced to shut down when the PC is restored from a sleep/rest mode. Do not put your PC into the sleep/rest mode while using the app.